The exhibition and
guidance centers of Yad Sarah – located in 10 regional branches – consist of
model apartments that display the range of equipment available to enable all
people to function independently both at home and in the outside world.
physical therapists as well as experienced volunteers advise visitors as
to which apparatus may help to overcome a particular functional limitation.
Instruction is individual and free of charge. All equipment is available for
lending and/or buying. The Jerusalem center can be accessed by phone, fax,
e-mail, and regular mail.
At our resource centers, there is up-to-date
information on products available for borrowing at Yad Sarah’s lending centers
as well as on further products that are available for purchase both in Israel
and abroad. In addition, the centers can advise on rights and procedures relevant
to those suffering from functional disabilities. Knowing your rights is an essential
step in relieving the stress of an altered everyday reality.
Our service is unique in its ability to offer
personalized attention to the needs of those seeking our help. Our professional
and caring advisors offer significant assistance in alleviating the
challenges and discomforts faced on a daily basis by a disabled or recovering
person or one who is simply adjusting to changes in the ability to function.
We offer personalized solutions to these and many other issues:
• Mobility - wheelchairs, walkers, crutches
• Transfers - solutions for standing up from a sitting
position or moving from bed to bathroom safely
• Personal care – washing, toileting, dressing, eating, drinking
• Sitting - chairs, cushions, accessories, etc.
• Homemaking - cooking, cleaning, organizing
• Leisure – equipment and adaptations that allow for the continued enjoyment of leisure activities and hobbies
• Accessibility – inside and outside the home